Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bundi, India

Our next stop was Bundi, which was a little off the main trail and normal tourist route, but we were very pleased with our stop! It was a lovely, small, quiet town that had great sights to see.  On the way there we made a restroom stop. This next picture shows how spectacular the toilets were! I can’t believe I did, but I actually did use it!
 An old man showing his creative ability with a needle and thread.
 Potato chips anyone???
 India is all about its spices! They are very beautiful in color and make every dish delicious!
 India is also about its spice factor! There were a few times when I thought my mouth was actually on fire, but most of the time I think they tamed down their dishes for the foreigners!
 Camels were an every day, normal sight in India. They are quite interesting creatures. I never got to ride one though!
 This group invited us to take a picture with them. When they asked us where we were from and we said America, they all gasped and sighed and said OH WOW!
 This is a beautiful picture of the city of Bundi, which appears to be blue!
 We took a few hours and hiked up to snoop around this old tower. This was a local man who met us at the gate.
 This sign has an important message for us all I believe.
 Taking a breather after our long, hot hike! Megan and Brittany are both from Louisiana and were absolutely spectacular travel companions! We had many laughs!
 A view of Bundi....
 This picture shows part of the old tower and of the lake in the middle of town that is a location for pilgrimages.
 Enjoying the astounding view...
 This swing was inside our hotel that we paid $4 a night for! India was even cheaper than Southeast Asia...it was hard to believe!
 This guy initially scared me when we first came to the hotel at around 11pm....but after that first encounter I found out he wasn't so scary after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment