Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Odds and Ends....

For the first time since I had moved to Thailand I had beef…..a beef steak in fact. I was a bit nervous about it, but my school people were taking us out so I had to give it a try! Let’s just say that it was not Graber beef quality!
 Here are a few other great dishes here in Thailand....Nong Khai and Moo Young.
Steven got a grill and we put it to good use right away!
 Steven also saved the day for me when I discovered that I had a very large lizard in my kitchen! He was able to corner it and trap it in my tupperware container! I was very grateful! He kept telling met that it wasn't a big deal and that it wouldn't hurt me, but I'm sorry I just didn't want something that big in my house that moves very quickly! It was about 1 foot long.
I had an interesting conversation with this older gentleman who lives in Thailand now, but had been in the military for many years. After talking a bit about the subject of war and the military and sharing a few of my thoughts, he told me that it’s not the military that is bad, it is the higher ups and the politicians that make the decisions of what the military has to do.  As with every other aspect of life, in the military, there is every way of thought and thinking. Also, as with every aspect of life, we cannot judge someone before knowing their whole story and finding out who they are. I might think that I could never ever relate to or get along with a military person, because of my upbringing and my beliefs, but if I think like that, then I would be the one in the wrong. Judging another human being is one of the biggest flaws a person can attain, I believe. 
Here is a big monkey statue from monkey town, Lopburi and the picture after that is of Laura and I waiting for the bus with our sticks to ward off the monkeys!
Here was a strange site I saw while sitting having lunch one day. The dog looks like he is really enjoying himself!
To keep himself entertained, Pete bought a remote control car and decided to put all my empty water bottles to good use and we set up a little race car bowling! Not to brag, but I got a strike on my first try!
This next picture is for my dad and brothers and those other farmers.....I thought it was quite an impressive stack of hay! 
This last picture was taken at the Bangkok airport. They have them all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment