Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sports Week and Parade...


We didn’t have school the first week in November because of the flooding. When we did get started back up, we had sport week, which was really two weeks long! It was a big disorganized mess! It appeared as if hundreds and hundreds of kids were just running around playing all day everyday with no teachers in sight!
While walking around the school to check out all the different sports activities, I ran into my student June, who was no long in the MEP class because of problems at home. I was very sad to not have her anymore. She was the ideal student!
This next picture is of Thailand's national sport...the name is escaping me...but it originated in Thailand. It's kind of like volleyball but you don't use your hands.
These are my students, March, Earth, Copter and Grill.
I got approached to teach a dance/cheerleading routine with a song. WHAT?!?! I got out of that right quick and got involved in teaching some sports! At the end of the two weeks we had a big parade, in which I was told I would be dressing up in a traditional thai dress!  At first I thought it would be fun, but then as I was walking down the street to the parade, in my attire, I was quite embarrassed and was greeted with smiles, snickers and laughs by the locals! Once I got to the parade though, I felt like I was a movie star, for not only were my students’ parents taking pictures of me, but random people would throw their kids next to the big, white foreigner dressed up so they could get a picture with me!
 All the students were equally as dressed up as me, if not more! I heard some of them had been up since 4am getting ready! I couldn't get over how big of ordeal this whole thing was!
Some little stud muffins!
Laura and I were leading the Loy Krathong section of the festival. We were the Loy Krathong princesses!
My beautiful students Bonus and Mine.
All the MEP teachers, Tuk, Laura, Pete, Ann, myself and Shampoo.
We even got to be blessed with the "almighty" director's presence in a picture!
Laura and I showing respect to each other with a wai.

No comments:

Post a Comment